Saturday, April 3

and he's my elvis. that's my guy.


guy in audience: Play a Nasrat tune
Jeff: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan?
guy in audience: Yeah, you know one?
Jeff: ... You saw him in the park, right?
guy: Yeah!
Jeff: That's why you mispronounced his name, 'cause-
audience laughs
Jeff: no no no no no because I have a friend named Penny and she uh yeah, I played her at the thing and she said "Nasrat". It's Nusrat, and he's my Elvis. That's my guy. I listen to him everyday.
girl in audience: He's playing at the World Music Institute.
Jeff: He's playing at the New Music Institute? World Music Institute. November 14th. But I really don't want to turn everybody on to him because then everybody goes, "Yeah, that Nusrat thing, yeah it's a cool hang. I saw you at Nusrat right? 6 from the left, clapping your hands"
girl in audience: Yeah, but you know what his nickname is.
Jeff: Yeah, you're right. I do. I know everything about him. Remember that movie "Diva" about that guy who like rode around on that motorcycle and just like knew everything about- that's the way I am with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. I know his nickname as a child. 
What did, can you, hey i'll see you later. do you remember anything that he did, because maybe i could do it, and blow you away with my acumen.

1 comment:

Kirby said...

I was thinking about doing a post on Nusrat. I love his music.

Related Posts with Thumbnails