Thursday, June 10

i prefer to learn everything through music


"I don't have any allegiance to an organized religion; I have an allegiance to the gifts that I find for myself in those religions... I'd rather be non-denominational, except for music. I prefer to learn everything through music. If you want divinity, the music in every human being and their love for music is pretty much it. It's the big indication of their spirituality and their ability to love and make love, or feel pain or joy, and really manifest it, really be real. But I don't believe in a big guy with a beard on a throne, telling us that we're bad; I certainly don't believe in original sin. I believe in the opposite of that: you have an Eden immediately from the time you are born, but as you are conditioned by your caretakers and your surroundings, you may lose that original thing. Your task is to get back to it, to claim responsibility for your own perfection."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great quote...i just re-read conversations with god book 1-3 (not religious) and it talks about the exact thing he mentiones here, it shuns the whole idea of original sin...i highly recommend this read!

Related Posts with Thumbnails