Friday, June 4

you got a pretty vision in your head

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful."
Sigmund Freud 
"We degenerate into hideous puppets, haunted by the memory of the passions of which we were much too afraid, and the exquisite temptations that we had not the courage to yield to."
Oscar Wilde
"Know what’s weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything’s different."
Bill Watterson
"…There are certain people who come into your life, and leave a mark… Their place in your heart is tender; a bruise of longing, a pulse of unfinished business. Just hearing their names pushes and pulls at you in a hundred ways, and when you try to define those hundred ways, describe them even to yourself, words are useless."
Sara Zarr
"I am the sum total of everything that went before me, of all I have been seen done, of everything done-to-me. I am everyone everything whose being-in-the-world affected was affected by mine. I am anything that happens after I’ve gone which would not have happened if I had not come. Nor am I particularly exceptional in this matter; each “I”, everyone of the now-six-hundred-million-plus of us, contains a similar multitude. I repeat for the last time: to understand me, you’ll have to swallow a world."
Salman Rushdie Midnight’s Children (1981)
"I can accept anything, except what seems to be the easiest for most people: the half-way, the almost, the just-about, the in-betweeen."
ayn rand
"Some day I`ll make a film that critics will like. When I have money to waste."
Francois Truffaut 
"It hurts to set you free, but you’ll never follow me."
“The End” The Doors (1967)
"Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run…but no explanation, no mix of words, or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant…"
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 
"I would feel trapped if I didn’t know I could kill myself at any moment."
Hunter S. Thompson
"Many things––such as loving, going to sleep, or behaving unaffectedly––are done worst when we try hardest to do them."
C.S. Lewis
"All is gone, all is gone, admit it, take flight.
I gagged twice, doubled, tears blinding my sight.
My mind it was mangled, I ran into the night
Leaving all of love’s ashes behind me.,"
"Expect hope to be rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again."
Sarah Ban Breathnach 
"But if you tame me, my life will be filled with sunshine. I’ll know the sound of footsteps that will be different from all the rest."
Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry, The Little Prince
"Your mind is your temple, keep it beautiful and free. Don’t let an egg get laid in it by something you can’t see.,"
T.V. Talking Song, BOB DYLAN
"Kiss me and you’ll know how important I am."
Sylvia Plath
"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you!"
Christian D. Larson 
"I’ve learned that goodbyes will always hurt. Pictures never replace having been there. Memories, good or bad, will bring tears. And words can never replace those feelings."
"You can have all the faith you want in spirits, 
the afterlife, heaven, and hell…but when it 
comes to this world don’t be an idiot. Cause 
you can tell me you put your faith in God to 
get you through the day, but when it comes 
time to cross the street, I know you look both 
ways." - House

"Nobody wants to hear this, but the person that you want the most is sometimes the person you’re best without."
"Whenever a stranger stands by me or passes, I wonder what’s on their mind. And when they walk away, I secretly miss them."
"I’ve always been crazy– but it’s kept me from going insane."
Waylon Jennings
"Those same forces that drive a genius to create the things or ideas that entertain or enlighten us often gobble so much of his personality that he has none left for the social graces (Should you invite Van Gogh to your home he might stand on your sofa in his muddy boots or pee where he pleased), and the very act of creation requires such focused concentration that vast areas of knowledge may be completely overlooked. Well, so what? There is no evidence that generalized skills are in any way superior to specialized brilliance, and certainly that sputterless little candleflame of the mediocre mind known as ‘common sense’ has never produced anything worth celebrating."
Tom Robbin




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kay you. I love your sights. Totally wise beyond your years. LOVE your work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails