Saturday, December 5

art isn't separate-jeff buckley


An artist isn't separate from a person who isn't or doesn't feel they're an artist. There's artistry in human beings; it's just a human function. I find answers from music all the time. But because I most identify with music as a way of expressing myself, I just find most of my answers there. Other people find it through painting or art or teaching or murder. 

 I would be completely insane if I couldn't make music. Or I'd take up sculpture, and if I didn't have sculpture I'd take up screenplays, and if I didn't have that I'd take up something else. Anything artistic. But music seems to me to be the most closely identified with my soul. I mean, I feel that it's the best for me. It just gets into the bloodstream so quickly, for no reason at all. You can close your heart, and you can sleep even with your eyes closed, but you can never close your ears. 

3 comments:

Hannah said...

fashion is my artistic inspiration, it's how i express myself to the world. but when i'm drunk it changes to music...

Carly Alexandria said...

http://carlyalexandria.blogspot.com/

jack bespoke said...

love jeff buckley, his father is great artist too.

that whole grace cd helped me through a really really shitty time in my life, great post and r.i.p.

bespok.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails