Thursday, December 3

My So-Called Life

"I loved Jordan Catalano so much, and talked about him so much, and thought about him so much, it was like he lived inside me. Like he had taken possession of my soul, or something. And then one day... I got over him!"- Angela

"We both stopped talking. Part of his sleeve was touching my arm. I don't know if he knew. Then everything started to seem perfect, for some reason. The feel of his shirt against my elbow. The fact that I still had an elbow. It was the perfect moment for him to kiss me...for him to anything me."- Angela



"You know how sometimes the last sentence you said, like, echoes in your brain? And it just keeps sounding stupider? And you have to say something else just to make it stop?" - Angela


"What I was thinking, as like a New Year's resolution, is to stop getting so caught up in my own thoughts, cause I'm way too introspective. I think...But what if not thinking turns me into this really shallow person? I'd better rethink this becoming-less-introspective thing...Okay, so I'll stay introspective. But I do resolve to stop doing Jordan Catalano's homework" -Angela

"Have you ever just, like, completely given up on someone, and then something happens, and you go, "Oh my God. There's so much more to this person than I ever dreamed!" -Angela



"Can you imagine what that's like? To have to sit around trying to figure out what someone else is, like, thinking?" -Jordan Catalano



Rickie : Okay, see the Egyptians, they wore eyeliner to...ward off the evil spirits. They believed that if they outlined their eyes, that the good spirits would spot 'em easier. I read it in a book. So that's why I tried it. The eyeliner, I mean.
Brian : So you believe in, like, evil spirits?
Rickie : Oh no, I, I'm Catholic. Basically, I just like how it looks.

"When you call someone's name, like, kind of loud, and they don't hear you, it makes you feel really lonely." - Angela

If you've never seen, or at least heard of My So-Called Life, I feel very very sorry for you poor unfortunate soul. I honestly think it was one of the best 90's shows... yet it was very short lived. These pictures can only show so much. You have to watch it to get all the magic. There are many great quotes also.

1 comment:

Xanthe said...

This is great on so many levels! I was obsessed with this show in high school haha. I only knew one girl who loved it and even knew about it for that matter.

One of my fav's was the christmas one when ricky ran away :( I think I may have rewatch all the episodes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails